Marta Català (Educational Psychologist)
Roser Just (Psychologist)
The different department functions consist in:
- Analysing and evaluating students who have difficulties that may slow down their school or personal development.
- Making individual and group psychological evaluations (response tests).
- Orienting , assessing and giving support to teachers during the teaching-learning process and to students with special educational needs , taking as a reference the curricular learning processes and its determinants.
- Giving strategies and resources in response to diversity.
- Assessing on the creation of Indivuidual Curriculums (PI).
- Creating action plans to prevent students' learning difficulties.
- Referring psychotherapy cases to other centers or external professionals because this diagnosis can not be done by the school department.
- Doing the follow-up with specialists and professionals who work with the students outside our school hours , with the objective to share information and unify actions about these students.
- EAP (Teaching Department)
- Social worker from the “Diputació”
- CSMIJ (Mataró Hospital)
- Open Center (Mataró)
- CREDA (Speech Therapy Service for Children with hearing problems)
- Private psychologists
- Private Speech Therapists
- Holding Parents and tutor meetings about the specific problems of a student , and orienting them about the best therapy to follow.
- Casual meetings with some students of Primary Education , Secondary and Batxillerat.
- Giving support to newcomers (teachers and students).
- Working with small groups of students to help them with their learning process.
Once the student detects the student difficulty , he reports the problem to the family and sends the demand to the Department. Then , the Department evaluates the student and assesses the family and the school tutor. At this point
the possibility for the student to work in small groups is considered.